As per section 2(6) of CGST Act, 2017 ‘aggregate turnover’ means the aggregate value of all taxable supplies (excluding the value of inward supplies on which tax is payable by a person on reverse charge basis), exempt supplies, exports of goods or services or both and inter-State supplies of persons having the same Permanent Account Number, to be computed on all India basis but excludes central tax, State tax, Union territory tax, integrated tax and cess.
Inclusion in Aggregate Turnover:- Aggregate turnover includes:-
- Taxable Supply including supply to distinct person having same PAN (Table 3.1(a) of GSTR-3B)
- Zero Rated Supply (Table 3.1(b) of GSTR-3B)
- Nil Rated Supply and exempted supply (Table 3.1(c) of GSTR-3B)
- Non GST Supply (Table 3.1(e) of GSTR-3B)
- Taxes other than GST
- Value of outward supplies of goods and services on which the recipient is required to pay tax under reverse charge mechanism
- Goods supplied to job worker on principal to principal basis
- Goods received from job worker on principal to principal basis
- For an agent, the supplies made by him on behalf of all his principals would be included while calculating aggregate turnover.
Exclusion in Aggregate Turnover:- Aggregate turnover does not includes:-
- Value of inward supplies of goods and services on which the recipient is required to pay tax under reverse charge mechanism (Table 3.1(d) of GSTR-3B). However, the value of such supplies would continue to be part of the ‘aggregate turnover’ of the supplier of such services.
- Amount of central tax, state tax, union territory tax and integrated tax and compensation cess
- Goods supplied for job work or received back after job work under section 143 of CGST Act, 2017
- For a job worker, the following supplies would not be included in his aggregate turnover:
- Goods returned to the principal
- Goods sent to another job worker on the instruction of the principal
- Goods directly supplied from the premises of the job worker by the principal.
- Transactions which are neither supply of goods nor services i.e. Schedule III of CGST Act, 2017 as amended by CGST (Amendment) Act, 2018.